Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What Bree has been up to of late!

Well it's been a few months since World Series was over, and it's time for a new post. For the past few weeks I have been writing a blog for Yahoo 7, in the lead up to the Beijing Olympics, here is the link http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/breecole/

The week after we got back for World Series we were off to China (again!) for an AIS training camp in Shenzhen. Shenzhen is on mainland China, but it a short drive from Hong Kong. It was a big group of us travelling to Shenzhen - Hui, Ming, Andrew, Graeme, Scott, Robert, Peter, Chantelle, Loudy, Natasha, Olivia, Melissa, Sharleen and me! The pool and dryland were good, but it was really hot!!


Andrew had a good time, making us do lots of strength - even poking us with his big stick, and making us do ice baths every day! Scott, Melissa and me getting hypothermia!!

We had a day of shopping in Hong Kong, it was hot and crowded, but at least I didn't lose my wallet like I did in April.
Here we are hanging out in Qantas Club in Sydney, enjoying a game of uno, after we missed our flight back to Brisbane.



On October the 25th I flew down to Melbourne for the Victorian Sports Awards. I was nominated for Victorian Female Athlete of the Year. There were seven nominees in the category, then I was announced as one of three finalists along with Penny Taylor - part of the World Champion Opals basketball team and eventual winner, also Katie Maitcer - world class cyclist, so I was in good company, and it was an honour just to be a finalist!

I have had a few competitions lately, first was the Queensland State Championships. I competed in four events: 3rd on 3m, 2nd on 10m and 1st in both synchro events.

Then it was off to Adelaide in late November to compete in the South Australian State Championships. Here I did three events: 2nd on 3m, 2nd on 10m synchro (it was a frustrating competition, but will be great at nationals!) and 1st 3m synchro.

I flew down to Melbourne on Sunday the 23rd of December, so I could have Christmas with the family. It was great to catch up with mum, dad and Sian. We had a great Christmas lunch at a resturant called Citrus in Beaumaris.
While I was down in Melbourne I decided it was time to cash in my 5 cent coin collection. Over the past 9 years I have collected and received donations of 5 cent coins. I had to put them in $5 bags, which took quite a while as I had $160 in 5 cent coins, which was 3200 coins, which weighed 10 kilograms!!