Friday, May 07, 2010

Diving Prix in Montreal, Canada

On the 25th of April I was off to Montreal for the Canada Cup. This will be my fifth time to Montreal and fourth time competing in the Canada Cup. Competition was fierce this year with lots of teams using this event as final selection and preparation for World Cup in China in June. Countries competing included: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Cuba, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Iran, Macau, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Russia, Sweden, USA, and Venezuela.

The second day we were in Montreal, the weather took a turn for the worst and it snowed the whole day - from sun up to sun down. It was truly strange as they are only a few weeks away from summer there. The next day and for the rest of the week the weather was thankfully back to sunshine and blue skies!


We had a few days of training before competition started. On one of those days we visited the headquarters of Cirque du Soleli. It was an awesome place, very fascinating, full of interesting people and all sorts of strange costumes and pieces of equipment. We were given a guided tour all over the HQ, we even met the second in charge of Cirque.




I only had one event at Canada Cup this year, Women’s 3m Synchro with Sharleen. Unfortunately the day before competition I got sick – so I took all sorts of vitamin and used throat gargle, anything to minimise the illness. When I woke up on competition day I felt even worse, feeling like I had no energy at all. Competition was tough, Sharleen and I dove well, except my last dive wasn’t the best. We came 3rd behind China and Canada, scoring 309.78.


The next day we were off home. It took four painful flights and 30 hours to get back to sunny Brisbane.

Next competition is World Cup in China from June 2nd to the 6th.