Friday, July 09, 2010

Commonwealth Games Trials




On the 8th I had 3m, there were 6 girls invited to compete in this event. We had preliminaries and finals, do 5 dives each time, however the scores for all ten dives count towards the end result. After preliminaries I was in 2nd place with a score of 338.85. I was very happy with my finals, scoring 70+ points on each dive for a new PB score of 365.20! My total score for prelims and finals was 704.05, Sharleen was in 2nd place with 703.80 – a very close result with only 0.25 being the difference.

The team was officially announced on the 9th. The Australian team will consist of 12 divers - 7 girls and 5 boys. Team members include: Bree Cole, Sharleen Stratton, Anabelle Smith, Olivia Wright, Jaele Patrick, Alex Croak, Melissa Wu, Ethan Warren, Grant Nel, James Conner, Matthew Mitcham and Scott Robertson.