Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pacific Rim - Wellington, New Zealand

On the 17th of August I was off to Wellington, NZ for a week for a diving competition. This time things were different, this time I was going as an official. Well actually I had a few titles - Victorian assistant coach, Victorian team manager and judge. The Victorian team included 14 divers from 11 years to 18 years, also Helen and John Hillard and Tom Michaels as head coach.
It was a great trip - the Victorian divers did a great job coming home with lots of medals.
I learnt a great deal being on dry side of the pool deck and I had an excellent time catch up with lots of old diving friends!
There was the divers showing us how to do a handstand, then it was John, Helen and my turn - I was pretty happy with my handstand!
On the last night we had one of the best farewell functions (and i have been to plenty of those!) There was lots of dancing and laughs!