Friday, February 27, 2009

2009 National Championships

This year the National Championships were held in Brisbane, there was three days of competitions from the 27th of February to the 1st of March. National Championships are very important and the National team will be announced at the conclusion of the events, also the Australian team for the World Championships in Rome in July will also be announced.
On the first day of competition I had both of my synchronised events. First was 3m synchro with Sharleen Stratton. We both dove very well and finished in 1st place with a score of 330.36 points, which was over 20 points clear of the 2nd placed Chinese team. 
After a very quick break, Melissa and I had the 10m synchro event. There were only two teams in the event, us and a Chinese pair. With very little warm up and practice, we dove very well. We won the event, scoring 349.98, over 25 points clear of 2nd place. I even scored a 10 on my inward dive! 
Sharleen and I, and Melissa and I both scored Personal Best scores, which also means new National Records!

On the second day of competition, which also happened to be my birthday, I had the womens 3m event. We had preliminaries, semi-finals and finals, so it was a long day. I had a few shakey dives at the start, and then found some consistency. I finished in 3rd place, but 2nd place Australian, won Sharleen the event and Chinese diver Fang Min, came second. 
On the 1st of March, there was the Diving Australia dinner, where it was announced that I was on the National Sqaud and on the Australian team for the World Championships in Rome in July.