Tuesday, July 07, 2009

13th FINA World Championships - Rome, Italy - 09

On the 11th of July the Australian Diving Team headed off to Rome to compete at the 13th FINA World Championships. The Australia Diving team includes: Alex Croak, Matthew Mitcham, Grant Nel, Sharleen Stratton, Melissa Wu and me.
I competed in the Women's 3m event, Women's 3m Synchro and Women's 10m Synchro.
My first event was the Women's 10m Synchro - I was disappointed with how I dove. Melissa and I came 5th only a few points shy of silver - frustrating.
A few days later I had the Women's 3m event, my goal was to make finals, which I did so I was very pleased with that. I came 9th, which was my best individual result at Worlds Championships.
My final event was the Women's 3m Synchro, Sharleen and I dove well, however I slightly missed my back 2.5, and we finished in 5th place - again disappointing. All in all Worlds Championships were not very good for me this time. But it will make me work harder for next time.
I loved Rome, the food, the people, the culture - not so much the driving, it's crazy. Whilst over there were we able to visit the Vatician City, the Collesum, the Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps. Dad and Rita came from Melbourne to cheer me on which was awesome!